Improved skin health is one of the most popular uses for red light therapy. The skin is the body’s biggest organ and plays a critical role in overall health. It’s the barrier that protects your body from the outside world.
The potential for using red light therapy as a way to rejuvenate the skin has led to a large number of studies. As the review in the journal Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery notes, red light therapy may help rejuvenate the skin by:
- Increasing collagen production in the skin, which gives the skin its elasticity
- Increasing fibroblast production, which helps produce collagen and other tissue fibers
- Increasing circulation between blood and tissue cells
- Protecting cells from damage
- Increasing mRNA in the cells, which helps stimulate the cell
- Improving Mitochondrial function
- Improving facial texture
- Reducing fine lines
- Reducing wrinkle severity
Red light therapy is a safe, natural, non invasive, alternative to drugs and chemical treatments.